When you see this message after installation, press “Try Again”. In many cases, the audio driver will connect and DPS will launch correctly. If you get the message again, please reboot your computer. This is normal when installing audio drivers.
NOTE: We are currently tracking an issue in OSX 10.13 High Sierra where the new security features are causing issues with audio drivers on some computers. We suspect this will be resolved shortly with OSX 10.13 updates.
If after rebooting you continue to see this error, the following solution has worked for some users:
1.) Navigate to your Applications -> Bongiovi DPS folder and use the Uninstaller to uninstall DPS from your system.
2.) Restart your computer.
3.) Navigate to System Preferences -> Security and Privacy Tab
4.) Near the bottom of the window you should see a section that says that the Bongiovi DPS application was blocked from installing. Click “Allow” to allow Bongiovi DPS to install its virtual driver.
5.) Navigate to your downloads folder or visit BongioviDPS.com to re-download and reinstall Bongiovi DPS.
DPS is compatible with MacOS 10.13 High Sierra. However, in this newest release of MacOS, Apple has tightened some security settings that relate to Kernal Extensions like the Bongiovi DPSReflector Virtual Audio Driver.
When you install DPS you will be prompted to visit the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy panel and click “Allow” to let the Bongiovi DPS application to run.
If you upgrade to High Sierra from an earlier version of MacOS with Bongiovi DPS already installed it may be necessary for you to visit the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy panel to “Allow” DPS to run.
Click here to download black and blue versions of the icon. Instructions are included with this zip file.
Distortion may be caused by several factors. However, these items should resolve most distortion problems:
- Turn off Volume Boost in the SETTINGS tab.
- If you are using one of the custom MacBook profiles, try switching to one of the Built-In City profiles. Older MacBooks had more headroom than the newer models so those profiles may boost too much for your model. All of the City profiles are compatible will all models and include a limiter to reduce distortion.
- Check the settings in your music player. Usually just lowering the volume in the player will solve distortion issues.
- Compatible with OSX 10.10 or later
- 64bit Intel Mac
- 1GHz processor or better
- 2Gb RAM
- 20Mb hard drive space for installation
- Internet connection for software activation and updates
- Currently Bongiovi DPS only supports stereo audio devices. Devices with more than 2 output channels are not supported.