Download current version 18.104.22.168 to resolve this activation issue. (Posted June, 29 2018)
Reboot Your Computer
Often, this will reset your computer’s audio system and everything will work normally.
Select the proper Output Device
Usually this issue occurs when Bongiovi DPS is not assigned to an output you can hear. Follow these steps to get sound working on your system:
1. Be sure your computer is not muted and the volume on your speakers is turned up.
2. Open your Internet browser and play a YouTube video.
3. Click the SETTINGS tab on the Bongiovi DPS window.
4. Select BUILT-IN SPEAKERS from the buttons on the left of the window.
5. Click the OUTPUT menu highlighted for BUILT-IN SPEAKERS on the right side of the window.
6. While the video clip is playing, try choosing different Output Devices that are available in the list.
- This list contains all of the possible ways sound can leave your computer.
- In most cases you will hear sound when the proper Output Device is selected in the menu.
If this solves your problem you may need to repeat steps 5 and 6 for the EXTERNAL SPEAKERS and HEADPHONES output categories. Each category may be assigned to a different output.
Bongiovi DPS may have crashed
If Bongiovi DPS crashes, audio will stop on your system. Simply launch Bongiovi DPS from Start menu/Bongiovi Acoustics/Bongiovi DPS to restore sound.
If you wish to restore sound without re-launching Bongiovi DPS please follow these instructions:
1. Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of your Windows Desktop. speaker icon
2. Choose Playback Devices.
3. Select your built-in audio driver (not Digital Power Station).
4. Click Set Default then click Ok.
Audio will be restored to your system.
The DPS driver may have been turned down
The level control for the DPS driver may have been accidentally turned down. This will prevent audio from passing while DPS is running. Fix by following these instructions:
1. On the SETTINGS tab click SYSTEM AUDIO SETTINGS at the bottom of the window. This will open the Windows audio control panel.
2. Select Speakers Digital Power Station.
3. Click Properties on the bottom right.
4. Click the Levels tab.
5. Be sure the Volume Control is at 100.
Check the Volume Mixer Levels
1. Right-click the speaker icon at the bottom right of the Windows Desktop.
2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
3. You should see at least two sliders. One for your computer’s output device and the other for Digital Power Station.
4. Be sure both sliders are turned up all the way. If you have a laptop, note what slider changes when you press your volume control key.
First, try launching Bongiovi DPS again from Start Menu/Bongiovi Acoustics/Bongiovi DPS
If that does not work try these steps to fix this issue:
Uninstall DPS with the uninstaller located in Start Menu/Bongiovi Acoustics/Digital Power Station.
Reboot your computer.
Be sure no other programs are running. Check your System Tray (triangle icon at the bottom-right of your screen) to be sure programs like Skype or any other programs that use the Windows sound system are closed.
Install DPS again. Use the DPS Setup Wizard to get sound working properly.
This error may occur if you install an update while another user is signed into the computer. Follow the instructions above the resolve the issue.
If this error occurs only when you start your computer you may need to remove DPS from the Startup Folder in the Start Menu. There are rare instances when other services that are starting along with DPS at system startup interfere with the DPS driver. Just launch DPS after your computer has fully booted to avoid this issue.
Try running the installer as Administrator. After you extract the DPS installer from the zip file you downloaded, right-click on it and select “Run as Administrator”.
1. Click the SETTINGS tab on the DPS window.
2. Click SYSTEM AUDIO SETTINGS at the bottom of the window. This will open the audio control panel for your computer.
3. Click the Playback tab.
4. Click the Speakers Digital Power Station device.
5. Click Set Default.
When sound is playing you should see the green audio meters moving for both the Digital Power Station device and the hardware output device you chose in the DPS SETTINGS tab. Click here for more details about choosing your audio device.
- Uninstall Bongiovi DPS
- Browse to the hidden folder C:\Program Data
- Delete the Bongiovi Acoustics folder there.
- Re-Install Bongiovi DPS 2.1.
- You may now use the free trial and activate normally.
• Another user is logged into your computer and Bongiovi DPS is running on their account.
• FIX: Sign out of the other user’s account.
• Your computer may be running out of CPU resources.
• FIX: Turn off the Visualizer in the SETTINGS tab by unchecking ENABLE VISUALIZER.
• Close any programs you are not using.
• A virus scan or some other routine process may be in progress. Wait for it to complete.
• Your sound card may not be compatible with Bongiovi DPS.
• Be sure you have the latest drivers installed for all audio hardware.
• The M-Audio Audiophile 2496 has been confirmed to cause clicks and pops on some systems. There is no fix at this time for this sound card.
• Bongiovi DPS is designed to work in an entertainment and non-professional use context. Some pro-audio sound cards or external interfaces may not operate properly with Bongiovi DPS. If you are having issues with DPS please submit a support ticket and our engineers will assist you.
To fix this issue go to Control Panel –> Performance Information & Tools –> Adjust Visual Effects and set Use Visual Styles to ON.
Click Install update to get the latest version and continue use of Bongiovi DPS.
- Connect your headphones to your computer
- Open the DPS SETTINGS tab
- Click the HEADPHONES output category so the box is around the two drop-down menus for HEADPHONES
- Click the OUTPUT DEVICE drop down menu.
- Your headphone output driver should now be available for selection.
You may need to repeat these steps each time you connect your headphones
- Compatible with current versions of Windows 10
- Note: Bongiovi DPS is not fully compatible with Windows 7, 8 or 8.1. While it may install, and even run, it may cause system instability and may not retain software activation between restarts.
- 1.5GHz dual core processor or better
- 3Gb RAM
- 20Mb hard drive space
- Internet connection for software activation and updates
- Standard stereo sound card – Currently Bongiovi DPS only supports stereo audio.