Forum Replies Created
change theme still makes click sound
output name changed to 81
still got insecure update thingie
check for update still not working
bass / treble only working in horizontal axis, cant change the freq. (I assume u guys already know it.) and yes ball is fixed thanks 😛
url’s seems working.
though, if dps can remember whether volume boost was on or off when turned off, then resume from that state, it can be less annoying. I can turn off dps menu bar, but in order to turn on the volume boost, need to go to the pref / settings…
so far so good guys, thanks 🙂
- The EQ pad is still work-in-progress. We see the issue with the circles. We may not have the frequency and gain readout ready for the first release BASIC version. However, the movement will be limited to up/down only so the controls will be more like normal bass/treble.
cool, waiting to test /see it out (:
- We cannot reproduce the registration nag. Do you have 1.0.7 installed also? Did you click “Always Allow” when DPS asked to use the Keychain? Please let us know more about your system so we can make this problem happen on our computers.
yes, and didnt have the problem on 1.0.7. and yes, always allow I clicked. if there is a way i can generate some sort of log, i can send it back to you guys.
in addition, it doesnt requires reboot, also, today, needed to quit and relaunch the dps, i also got the nag screen again, though, on the messages pane, it seems activated.
to check, i’ve cleared the com.bongiovi.dpsonline entry in the keychain and regenerated it, still, no joy.
my test system is an humble macbook pro late 2011, i7 2.5 16gb ram with ssd bla bla, mac os 10.11.2 installed
- We will address the clicking sound during skin switch later. It is still on our list.
- The DPS on/off, output mode selection, content selection and stereo on/off controls always remain on the left side of the UI for all tab selections. Are you saying the Stereo Field controls with 2 circles is also appearing on a different tab than HOME?
your explanation cleared it out. some how, at first, i connected the on off switch and stereo field displacement controls, so it seemed weird to have the controls on other panes. but sure, why not 🙂
- I’m glad re-sync is working for you
yeah me to (: tough, I have a dream, one day, we can live without having to use the resync anymore 🙂
just thinking out loud; isnt it possible to find a way to also, automate the resync? i.ex: since we are hooking up the sound output through dps, when system doesnt generates sound, on some sort of interval, dps can schedule to auto-resync. dunno. as I said, just thinking out loud.
- As of 184.108.40.206 the RTA is only active when the UI window is open. When the UI window is closed the RTA function is not called. The new RTA is more efficient than the Windows version and only adds 10-15% to the total DPS CPU consumption.
i think, i miss explained myself 🙂 i was talking about an overall switch 🙂 I mean, yeah its a nice eye candy, but, on reality, besides being eye candy, what is the use case for it? 🙂 i cant see the bands also, band/frequency-wise its too limited, doesnt have peak hold or adjust the fall speed or peak hold, cant see the difference between pre and post etc etc 🙂 btw is it post or pre, i mean the rta source? if, dunno if you have anything planned on the roadmap, we can start utilise the rta then hell yeah to have it. other than that, at least for me, its just an eyecandy. btw, for ios family, check out RTA Audio from AiNeuron s.r.o. its pretty handy on some cases when you cant get your hands on a proper rta. for example; if I can see the rta, and send signal band by band to my output, gradually, I can start fine-tuning the response range of and for my speakers/headphones. but this is advanced geekery 🙂 if you are interested to hear out my idea, i can try to explain the use case scenario on an email though I might ask for some sort of finders fee hehe 😛
- Sparkle is the open source library we use to provide secure software updates. It is a very secure system so all components (web and client side) have to be in place for the messages you see to go away. We will have another beta version soon that has the final Sparkle components in place.
nice to meet with the sparkle 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions! [/quote]
quick check in regarding to .10
not in a particular order, regarding to seriousness
– bass / treble balls still off center and still possible to carry out of the bounding box. also tooltips regarding to the values are not visible
– still getting the registration nag screen
– theme switching still makes click sound
– stereo controls on / off exists on two separate pages on the exact same location. dunno if its a conscious decision or not.
on the plus side, resync does not turns off dps by default 😛
it might be nice to have a switch to turn on / off rta. yeah it looks cool and fun, but if it consumes cpu, then nice to have an option to turn off (:
ps: who is sparkle 😛
imho, implementing some sort of log collection mechanism, at least for the beta phase, might be handy. or run the app with a –verbose parameter to dump output to console perhaps?
quick question; dps 220.127.116.11 does some sort of regular online registration check-in dependency?
yesterday, whole day, I needed to be offline, start receiving nag screen regarding to the registration.
if so, it might be useful to give some slack to the online check-in period. this remind me the old 1.x reg. problems 🙂
btw, happy past-xmas and new upcoming-year (:
hi guys and thanks.
here are my initial findings.
– (others reported) preferences windows move/repositioning is kinda buggy and/or unpredictable. it may be difficult/confusing to find the location where pointer snaps to move the window. also its on top by default (might be nice to have an option to keep on top or not) need to close the window in order to focus back to the application on the background.
– Re-Sync turns off dps plugin by default, dont know if thats intentional.
– Check for updates not functioning correctly
– Switching themes, occasionally creates some sort of click sound
– new bass / treble control is kinda confusing. also the ball is off center (to right bottom) by default. dont know if also effects some value, since we cant see the values. it might be nice to have some sort of icon/text what x/y does. also, as an option, it might be nice to see and manipulate numerical values as an expert option. also, its possible to push the balls almost outside the box 🙂
– I am not happy with the current default mbp 15 unibody profile. also couldnt manage to find where to get other profiles.
mbp late 2011, i7 2.5, 16gb ram, osx 10.11.2
ps: want to have my blue bar icon back or at least give us a option to have bw or color icon 😛
ps 2: do we have some sort of specific bug report tool/location?
sign me up for the alpha / beta test please (:
any news you can share with us, poor mac users, regarding to the 2.0 development?
as always, when u have something I can test for 10.10 let me know 🙂
but hey, please, dont keep us waiting 😉