Bongiovi DPS

What headphones do you use for testing Bongiovi DPS 2.2?

Forums Pro Audio What headphones do you use for testing Bongiovi DPS 2.2?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xaqmusic 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Googolbyte
    Participant

For clarification, what headphones do you use for testing the Bongiovi DPS 2.2 software and/or what headphones do you guys recommend to get the most out of the HRTFs for the 7.1 channel virtual surround experience?

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Hi sorry for the late reply,

Here is a brief description of the V3D headphone surround feature

The V3D configuration in Bongiovi DPS is stereo (first example in the link above). This is similar to the “Virtual 7.1” configuration available in the ROG Strix Fusion 500/700 gaming headset from Asus. Currently, the 7.1 input configuration is only available in a hardware chip.

We have tested V3D using a variety of headphones. The HyperX Cloud II profile (with its default V3D setting) is my personal favorite for first-person shooters like PUBG. I have also used Sony MDRZX110 headphones with excellent results. Almost all on-ear headphones work great with V3D. Earbuds that go deep in the ear canal may not work as well.

I suggest going to the PROFILE tab while in Headphones listening mode. While a video with lots of gaming action plays (Twitch or Youtube), mouse-over the profiles in the Gaming category. You will hear the effect.

The desired effect is to hear the sound “outside of your head” more and less moving back and forth between your ears. Movie the circles inside the V3D control area to change the effective width.

Let us know what you think!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.