Bongiovi DPS

Waiting for IOProc to Fire messages in console

Forums DPS Plug-In for computers DPS System Wide Plug-In for Mac Waiting for IOProc to Fire messages in console

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    xaqmusic
    Keymaster

All,

I actually need a bit of help with a sticky DPS issue. When version 1.0.4 came out (for OSX), a few of you posted a message about how DPS stopped making sound. Only reboot would return sound. The Console log would be filled with “waiting for IOProc to fire” messages. Here is the link to the original archived thread: http://archive.dpsinsider.com/forums/topic.php?id=37045#post-50393

The Bongiovi office cannot reproduce this issue which points to some unknown software (perhaps with a driver [kernel extension] like DPSReflector) causing the flow of audio to break.

If you have been able to solve this issue or noticed it went away after uninstalling some other software, please let us know! We hope your input will help us connect the dots and improve everyone’s experience with DPS.

andyhiggins
    Participant

Hi Joey… Since reporting the error a while ago when DPS ground to halt when switching between apps, I have to confess it has all gone quiet on the “waiting for IOProc to fire” front.  I’ve not noticed any problems from a user perspective.

That being said, it still appears in the logs after the audio buffers have been resync’d which might be normal for all I know: http://db.tt/Nc0Arkq7

There have been VLC and iTunes (11.0.5) updates in recent weeks.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Thanks, Andy. A few IOProc message are normal since is signifies the DPS app is waiting for communication from DPSReflector. When the console fills up with them there is a problem!

dow32
    Participant

I have updated and used both VLC and iTunes when the problem arose.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll update both on my end to see if I can recreate the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.