Bongiovi DPS

VOLUME ISSUE AND A FEW MORE ISSUES

Forums Bug Reports VOLUME ISSUE AND A FEW MORE ISSUES

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Rice 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aditya.1995kumar
    Participant

I installed DPS on my PC after a long time (6 months or so). This issue wasn’t there back then. Its not that the present release it bad or were previous ones. Its was impressive then and it still is, its only getting improved with new things.

So my problem is that after i installed DPS it was all good as it should be, but after next system startup the volume is turned very low. I mean really low and also that my volume setting is reset to full (100) after every boot. And even after volume is being reset to its full lvl 100 still the volume is like 50% of what I get usually without DPS. I would like the devs to look into this issue and please fix in future update.

There a few more things I would like to point which I have encountered with DPS in use otherwise not:
    1> I hear buzzing sound layered at the back of any sound being played, its kinda disturbing in moments like quite scene in a movie. (I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE THIS FIXED, IT BEEN FROM THE START OF BONGIOVI I TRIED)
    2> I hear cracking sound here and there, its random, but its more while playing a movie (actually more when skipping scene or video file) (I use Splash video player this happens with this player only, not with VLC or any other I have tried) (THIS ISSUE IS BEARABLE, BUT THE ABOVE ONE REALLY NOT AT ALL)

THANKS 🙂
    I REALLY LIKE BONGIOVI DPS AND I RESPECT AUDIO DETAILS IT GIVES, SO WOULD LIKE THOSE ISSUES FIXED

NOTE:I have laptop and i use mostly headphone with it, which is a normal in ear bud sennheiser cx275s

abonza
    Participant

Same volume issue…

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

Thanks for your report. The volume issue was originally conceived as a feature to prevent ear blast and distortion on startup (specifically caused by the startup sound) in Windows 8.1. We have fielded numerous questions about this and may re-examine the usefulness of this feature going forward.

The crackling sound is often caused by system resources being taxed as can sometimes happen during video playback, and some video applications are more resource efficient than others. Nonetheless, I will certainly pass your feedback on to my engineering team and hopefully a solution can be found for this.

Thanks,

Dan R.
    DPS Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.