Bongiovi DPS

VAR SUB profiles

Forums DPS on the Move JVC KD-S100 VAR SUB profiles

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  xaqmusic 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bobby159

Hi, I am moving my KD-S100 into a new car, not new but different, this new car has a sub and amp in the trunk that currently work great.

My question is whether or not any of the beta KD-S100 SUB profiles reduce the bass going to the stock speakers in favor of the sub?

I just want to know before I go cranking my stereo louder and risk blowing the stock speakers.

Thanks

-John

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

John,

The VAR SUB profiles are exactly what you are looking for!  They eliminate the need for adjusting the crossover in the KD-S100 by making the mids and highs really vibrant.  Just make a CD of each of the VAR SUB profiles and try each one to see which one fits with your front speakers best.  Then adjust the volume of your subwoofer to match the front speakers.

Connect the subwoofer amp to the KD-S100 subwoofer output and you should be good to go with one of the VAR SUB profiles.  The subwoofer output on the KD-S100 is not processed by Bongiovi DPS.

bobby159

Thats exactly what I’m looking for, I’ll be checking out those profiles very soon!

Thanks

-John

patscavalier

i just got JVC kd-s100

im not sure if  the disk that came with the radio was installed

i have a complete after market system in my car

1 amp to the front speakers (4×6)

1 amp on the rear speakers (6×9)

2 amps on the 2 sub woofers

im not sure dps ver sub 2 or 3 would be best for my system

thanks

patrick

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Dear KD-S100 Users,

The KD-S100 support page has been moved here JVC KD-S100 Legacy Support Page.

We’re glad to see this radio is still working for a lot of folks! New DPS enabled car audio units are in the works. Stay tuned…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.