Bongiovi DPS

Using DPS with Bluetooth

Forums DPS Plug-In for computers Using DPS with Bluetooth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dpeer

Amateur audiophile here – I use DPS with various Bluetooth devices and of course it sounds great!

One mild annoyance is having to open DPS to switch to the bluetooth device I am paired with. Why can’t DPS understand bluetooth connections and automatically switch to them?

In my case, I listen:

1) At home via a bluetooth receiver connected to my home stereo

2) At work through the laptop speakers

3) When traveling via a bluetooth connected Jambox.

It would be great if DPS understood those scenarios and just connected. 99% of the time, if I’m connected to a bluetooth device, I want DPS to route through it. That BT device may vary, but Windows can only connect to one device at a time, so if Windows knows, why can’t DPS know?

Keep up the good work!

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

dpeer,

Glad you are enjoying DPS! Bluetooth is the operating systems responsibility. We can only access it once the OS has connected to it. I agree, it would be great if we could detect those scenarios. Thanks for the kind words!

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

We are thinking about adding an “ask” feature to the Bongiovi DPS computer products.  This exists in the Mac version when someone inserts headphones into the jack.

To expand that function further we can “keep an eye” on the audio system.  If the user has “ask” enabled, then DPS can open the Settings window whenever anything changes in the audio system (in this case the change would be a Bluetooth output appearing).  At that point DPS could “learn” what the user’s preference is.

While DPS can’t “know” to switch to a Bluetooth device automatically it can learn by maintaining a dialog with the user.  Does that sound useful to you?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.