Bongiovi DPS

Recommended profile for large speakers?

Forums Custom Profiles Recommended profile for large speakers?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    yonathanz

Hi,

I use 8″ studio monitors for all my sound needs, including music, movies and TV shows. I wonder if any of the profiles that are currently available suit such large speakers?

Thanks.

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

The Los Angeles profile in the Cities category is designed for large stereo speakers, it should sound great for your studio speakers. I know another musician who uses the New York profile for his studio speakers. The New York profile is also located in the Cities category. If you try some of the other profiles in the Cities category, chances are you will find one that makes those speakers light up.

yonathanz

Thanks, I’ll give them a try.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Also, if you only need to make small tweaks, try the profiles in the TOOLS category.  The names and descriptions will help you make a choice to fit your needs.

yonathanz

It seems that there’s a problem with the program, maybe because I’m running Win 10.

When DPS is running, even if the huge ON button is grey, meaning the sound processing should be off, there’s a substantial decrease in the quality of the sound. Everything sounds much less clear, and the stereo field becomes so narrow it almost sounds like mono. As soon as I completely quit DPS, clarity and proper stereo sound return. As it is, it’s not really usable to me, regardless of the profiles.

hans
    Participant

As far as I understand DPS is always outputting 16 bit at 44.1 kHz, even when turned off. Maybe your input has higher quality and is downgraded by DPS?

Btw my actual audio driver (not the virtual DPS one) defaults to studio quality 24 bit at 48 kHz. Does that mean that maybe the audio is resampled two times, before and after DPS?

yonathanz

[quote=62794]As far as I understand DPS is always outputting 16 bit at 44.1 kHz, even when turned off. Maybe your input has higher quality and is downgraded by DPS? Btw my actual audio driver (not the virtual DPS one) defaults to studio quality 24 bit at 48 kHz. Does that mean that maybe the audio is resampled two times, before and after DPS? [/quote]

Oh, that indeed could be the problem. I play mostly FLAC music at up to 96khz and 24bit, so that makes sense. The audio in movies is also 48khz and probably 24bit.

Hopefully they’ll fix that sometime.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.