Bongiovi DPS

DPS Insider Profile for AKG K550

Forums Custom Profiles Profile for AKG K550

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Rice 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

benx10

Hi!

I’d like to have a profile for AKG headphones K550. Any chance?

Cheers

Ben

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Ben,

Thanks for the DPS Profile request.  We will certainly make a profile if we obtain the device. In the meantime, I recommend you try one of the various “Cities” headphone profiles.  Many of them work great for many different headphone devices.  There might also be another headphone profile for a different device that may work well for your AKG Headphones.  FLip through them with some music on.  Odds are, you will find one that is perfect for your ears!  Thanks!

benx10

Joseph,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve already done so (really tried every profile). The “V-Moda Crossfade LP2 ” sounds best so far, but it still sounds a bit like the music is behind a curtain. E.g. Mike Oldfield’s “Far above the cloud” is not that “dramatic bombastic alive” as it should be.

Cheers

Ben

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

benx10,

Thank you for your feedback! As previously mentioned, we definitely will make a profile if we get the device on our bench.  Have you also tried to use the DPS EQ to dial in a tone that you want?  I recommend using that.  Anytime I have device that is close with a particular profile, the DPS EQ gets me where I need to be.  I wonder if any of our other users want AKG profiles?  Let your voices be heard!!!! Let me know if the DPS Q helps, share your finding, EQ settings, etc.

Thanks!

wasabicube
    Participant

Hi Joseph

I’d like to add one to those looking for an AKG K550 headphone profile. In the meantime, thank you for the advice about setting the EQ.

Regards
    Peter

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Peter,

Thanks for the request. We will certainly make a profile if we are able to obtain the device. Glad the EQ setting helped.

Thanks!

mizol91
    Participant

Hi I need profile for AKG K 550 MKII that would by great.

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

Mizol91,

Thanks for submitting your profiles request for your AKG K 550 MKII headphones. I will add it to our acquisition list. We create every profile by hand/ear which means we must have that particular piece of hardware on our bench to tune. When this device is made available to us we will create a custom profile for it.

Have you tried the various City and other device profiles? We noticed there is a lot of overlap in the profile settings for many devices. Odds are the perfect profile is right there waiting for you to select it. You know you have the right profile when your favorite songs “light up”. Just trust your ears and how you feel when you listen to your media.

Thanks,

Dan R.
    DPS Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.