Bongiovi DPS

No output via digital?

Forums The Bongiovi DPS app for mobile devices No output via digital?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dyohn

Hello.  Using DPS Ver 1.5 in iPhone 5, and I get no effect whatever from the plugin when using Bluetooth or output via the Lightning connector to a dock.  There are profiles selected for these outputs, but they have no effect.  is this expected or do I have to change some setting in my phone?

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

DPS only processes the analog audio stream coming out of your device. The digital dock connection is not supported by DPS due to Apple restrictions. Here is a link to a page with info to using external devices if you have any other questions in this regard. Thanks!

http://help.dpsplugin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_external_devices

dyohn

Interesting.  I downloaded a trial version of a similar DSP software for my iPhone called Golden Ears Accuaudio, and it has no trouble effecting the digital output via the Lightning connector.  Are they simply not adhering to Apple’s rules since they are a Korean company?

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

They are most likely using some of Apple’s built in audio effects.  These includes the iTunes equalizer and various effects used in games and voice processing.  The Bongiovi DPS algorithm is custom C code and cannot be simply placed into the protected audio stream.  The digital output is protected because there is a potential for stealing DRM protected media.

However, Bluetooth is supported by DPS because it is a lossy format.  Just be sure you have the proper profile selected in the Bluetooth category in the settings screen.

jcameron5444

The digital audio output on the Sharp does not support digital audio received via HDMI. Collection agencies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.