Bongiovi DPS

New updates and features!

Forums Insider Announcements New updates and features!

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    cyberwrx
    Participant

Hello, I have the same problem as Ezekiel could there be some help here.

Appreciate any help with this,Thanks
    gMichael

OH! and not sure of my login info.

xrobwx71
    Participant

Ok, first let me say this works very well. The sound is a universe away from what it was. Second, it does have some bugs but I am willing to keep using it and see what the developers come up with.

Very nice job guys!
    The volumebug above mentioned happens to me as well. Also, My computer will not sleep anymore. I ran powercfg -requests in an elevated Powershell prompt and this is what I get:
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Digital Power Station (ROOT\MEDIA\0000)
    An audio stream is currently in use.
    [DRIVER] Realtek High Definition Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_1458A022&REV_1000\4&730555e&0&0201)
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    my specs are:
    Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X @ 3.33GHz 121 °F
    Gulftown 32nm Technology
    RAM
    24.0GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 749MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X58A-UD3R (Socket 1366) 114 °F
    Graphics
    S27C390 (1920×1080@60Hz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (EVGA) 117 °F
    Storage
    476GB Crucial_CT512MX100SSD1 (SSD) 97 °F
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA) 94 °F
    2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EZRZ-00Z5HB0 (SATA) 88 °F
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 90 °F
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0
    Audio
    Digital Power Station

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

xrobwx71,

Glad you are enjoying the sound! We know about the volume control bug and have a fix ready. Development for the paid version is proceeding nicely.

Regarding sleep, the audio stream does have to remain in use for DPS to function properly. However, we addressed this issue in OSX by polling for the presence of audio and shutting down the stream while not in use. I’m not totally sure this is possible in Windows without causing some glitches. I will get with our programmers on that.

xrobwx71
    Participant

one fix is to open a command prompt or powershell at an elevated level (right click command prompt and choose run as admin) type in powercfg -requests to see whats keeping the computer from sleeping.
    mine looked like this:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [DRIVER] Digital Power Station (ROOT\MEDIA\0000)
    [DRIVER] High Definition Audio Device (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_1458A132&REV_1000\4&1b8dabd&0&0201)

AWAYMODE:
    None.

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
    None.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

then type in same elevated prompt: (for me as found above in the powercfg -requests)
    C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE Driver digital Power Station System
    and again:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE Driver high Definition AUdio Device System
    The part in between Driver and System needs to be exactly whatever comes up in your powercfg -requests.
    This fixed it for me.
    Hope this helps.

Rob

nucleolo
    Participant

Hi, I had the same issue, this solution worked well for me. Cheers.

lucienbautista
    Participant

Hello all!

I’m using DPS 2 for awhile now since its “advertisement” in the Malwaretips.com.

I also read this: https://bongiovidps.com/blog/dps-web-presence-2-0-updates/

My question is that do I still get the Pro version for free when Pro is released? I’m confused because it’s said, “All existing users and paid customers will receive the DPS 2.0 Full-Featured Upgrade for FREE upon its release.” But I also read in this thread that only those DPS 1 users and those that “submitted their email during our my.bongiovidps.com promotional period” will get the privilege.

Thanks!

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

lucienbautista,

Sorry for the confusion! When that blog post was written we were still collecting emails at my.bongiovidps.com. As you know, we have since simplified things and have offered DPS 2.0 FREE to everyone without signing up. So the statement you read at the top of this forum thread is the most accurate.

Also, the current upgrade terms have always been noted in our FAQ

I have updated the old blog post to clarify this.

If you would like to get the upgrade for free we have been known to extend this to users who contribute to beta testing or make cool YouTube videos/forum posts about how they use our tech. Contact Joe or Dan via support ticket if you are interested.

CURRENT STATUS:

The Windows FULL version is complete. However, we do not want to release that until the FULL version for OSX is finished. Officially, the FULL version will be v2.1.

Our timeline for completion has been pushed back again due to the mad rush leading up to CES but I can assure you development on DPS FULL version continues and the end result will be worth the wait!

lucienbautista
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification!

I may join the beta testing. 🙂

maqxaxe
    Participant

hello, it’s not too bad for free crap is it.
    I was quite surprised with the difference in sound quality.
    But a better way to test is to set your audio up first just how you like it with your standard PC Hardware & then click on the “B” button.
    I have a medium quality Dolby digital 5.1 decoder playing through Z906 Surround speakers & it nearly blew me off my chair.
    I got a smile ear to ear..
    Thanks & Cheers

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

Maqxaxe,

Thanks, I think? We appreciate your feedback regarding the initial set up process. I’m glad to hear that it’s working with your setup. What kind of Dolby digital 5.1 decoder are you running?

Thanks,
    Dan Rice
    DPS Support

drigil
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m new to this and I am greatly impressed by it. Insane quality. A huge thank you to the people responsible for it.

Just a question: The free version will end in January 2017. So, will I be able to continue to use this free version for as long as I want after people can no longer download it, and even upgrade if possible or after the new year begins I will have to buy it in order to use it?

Thanks.

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

Drigil,

You’ll be able to continue to use the free version for as long as you want. There is no expiration date.

Thanks,

Dan R.
    DPS Support

drigil
    Participant

Thank you so much, man. This is really amazing. Works wonders.

Well done!

ghosttown88
    Participant

Hello.

I want to thank you, guys, for doing this amazing job. Sound is insane. You’re doing a great work.

But i have a issue. I used DPS 2 for a few months and it worked fine. But after updating to version 2.0.1.10 DPS has stopped working. It still runs, but the sound is no longer changing. I reinstalled DPS 3 times, but it didn’t help. What could it be? Thanks.

lucienbautista
    Participant

I also noticed what @ghosttown88 noticed.

I reinstalled DPS 2.0.1.10, but the same problem occured.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.