Bongiovi DPS

Mavericks and iTunes 11.1 support?

Forums DPS Plug-In for computers DPS System Wide Plug-In for Mac Mavericks and iTunes 11.1 support?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    anthonyday
    Participant

Hi,

I am running OSX Mavericks beta in addition to iTunes 11.1 beta.  I’ve noticed that there is an issue which only shows itself after some minutes of listening.  The audio starts to get choppy, very choppy.

A re-synch of the audio buffers makes no difference.  I’ve also noticed that this seems to be limited to TV Shows that I’ve recorded and encoded.  I was beginning to think that there was a problem unique to my recordings and maybe the EyeTV software I’m using to do that, however, I’m not sure of that, because when the problem manifests itself, I can quit the DPS plugin and the audio works flawlessly.

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Anthony.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Thanks, Anthony!  We are actually running tests on Maverick now.  Can you elaborate on these questions:

So you are saying the choppiness only appears for certain videos?  What video format is failing?  How about music or web video?

Are you using a standard output (built in speakers/headphones/line) or USB device?

What player are you using for the video?

anthonyday
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve only noticed the problem when playing M4V files.  This is in both iTunes 11.1 (Released version) and Quicktime.  In iTunes, I have discovered that the problem only exhibits itself when playing back in Fullscreen.  If I take the video out of fullscreen mode, the audio plays fine.

VLC can play the videos fine in Fullscreen mode.

I am playing the audio through the builtin speakers on a MacBook Pro.

Regards,

Anthony.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Thanks for the info.  We’ll test m4v files on in our Mavericks dev environment and let you know what we find.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Ok.  We are replicating the issue now.  We see choppy audio happening after several minutes of watching any video.  We will continue to debug this and keep you apprised of our progress.

pnickol
    Participant

I am having the same problem on my Mac. It is running 10.8.5 MtLion. The problem occurred when I upgraded to iTunes 11.1 for iOS 7.

My configuration:   27″ iMac running on SSD with promise RAID for media files. Lots of RAM. I am using a B&W A7 AirPlay speaker connected directly to the Mac via optical cable.

I’ve learned that when the movie is playing in fullscreen mode, that’s when the sound starts cutting out. Actually it sounds like it’s skipping. Happens at a regular frequency of about 4 skips per second. If I take the movie out of full screen mode the sound cleans up immediately. Go back to Fullscreen mode and again skips. (I go in and out of full screen mode while the movie is playing). If I quit Digital Power Station, the sound cleans up, but looses the enhancements. When I restart it while the movie is playing, it will work for a few minutes then begin to skip again. Also, I believe the skipping gets more exaggerated the longer I let it run; the frequency stays constant, but it seems to be more pronounced. I hope this helps. Also, I find that it happens only in iTunes and it doesn’t matter whether I rip’d the files or purchased them from iTunes.

Thanks,

Peter

eks22
    Participant

on the nightly build of vlc seems i have to seek lees to get sound to work

http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/macosx-intel/

but still same problem

you shopuld contact vlc devs to try and work this out

hppens only with vlcalso one seeked back and foruth a few times and oi get audio and leave alon plays ok

but seek aagin cuts out
    but should contact vlc devs cause it doesnt happen with anybothger program new, newer or older

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Thanks for the reports everyone! We will post something here as soon as we know more.

eks22
    Participant

for the audio cutting in and silence problems I just downloaded vlc 2.08 here:

http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/videolan/vlc/2.0.8/macosx/vlc-2.0.8.dmg

And the audio works fine

I checked the changelogs and in version 2.10 they quote “updated the audio core” and i think that might be the problem maybe you should contact them about it get there here / work with them on this what you think

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Thanks, guys.  It seems we have an issue at the kernel extension level (DPSReflector) now that Apple is tweaking OSX and moving toward Mavericks.

Our devs are on it.  I’ll keep you guys posted with what we find.

jhalmos
    Participant

Using the Golden Master of Mavericks and I get no sound at all. Have to use the Headphone Output setting.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

hmmmmmm so you do get audio when using it in headphones mode?  Check your output device settings while in Desktop or Built-In listening modes to be sure they are set properly.  Keep in mind DPS can save a different output device for each listening mode.

jhalmos
    Participant

I get audio when I use Apple’s Headphones (headphone port) in the Sound tab in the System Preferences, but not when I use the DSPReflector. Have to turn off DSP.

jhalmos
    Participant

Just finished reinstalling it and I’m getting sound now. Not sure why, but my guess is that Mavericks chose a different Output Device and reinstalling corrected that.

eks22
    Participant

Any new updates on VLC Audio/any new Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.