Bongiovi DPS

MAC-OS 10.14 Mojave Issues

Forums Bongiovi DPS 2.2 MAC-OS 10.14 Mojave Issues

This topic contains 60 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 4 days, 8 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author

gmb
    Participant

My System:
    macOS Mojave
    iMac 5K 27″, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 24GB Ram DDR3, AMD Radon R9 M395X 4096MB,

Hello Dan Rice
    I did it exactly after this statement, query for security popup does not come, Bongiovi DPS is already approved in Security and Privacy, same error as in # 84454,

Greetings Gerd

Nick
    Participant

Hey Dan, i tried all those actions in 84463 and stil no functioning app to be seen. Thanks

gmb
    Participant

osX Mojave clean install
    Bongiovi DPS still does not work for me, when will something new come?

Greetings Gerd

jeffprid
    Participant

Same problem here. I’ve tried clean installs, reboots, etc. Works on my MacBook Air, not on my iMac. Any help would be much appreciated

gmb
    Participant

2018-11-02
    Hi,
    i found the old file, Macintosh HD > Library > Extension > DPSReflector.kext this file will not be deleted when uninstalling BongioviDPS, i deleted this file and reinstalled BongioviDPS and it works again,

Greetings Gerd

Ron
    Participant

Hello All,

When I uninstalled using the included PKG the file DPSReflector.kext was removed. I still had the error: “Bongiovi DPS is installed by not currently available. Please try again or reboot if the problem persists.”

I noticed this in my systems.log if this helps:
    Nov 4 01:12:52 Rons-MacBook-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.bongiovi.DPS20.5908[795]): Service exited due to SIGSEGV | sent by exc handler[795]
    Nov 4 01:13:13 Rons-MacBook-Air Bongiovi DPS[891]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug

Thank you for helping us make Mojave sound better. 🙂

Ron.

konkrypton
    Participant

Just moved to one of the new Mac minis and when I try to activate DPS it says I have no activations left. Do I need to get a subscription for this new Mac?

Thanks.

gmb
    Participant

Hi,
    I have an update of Little Snitch installed today, since then Bongiovi DPS does not work anymore, even errors as described above,

G.G

gmb
    Participant

Hi,
    it’s strange after I turned off SIP I was able to reinstall BongioviDPS, and yes it is running again, I just wonder how long this time, SIP switched on again,

SIP off,
    Power On your Mac hold down simultaneously ⌘ + R buttons, Recovery Process has been started, go to Utilities Menu and click on Terminal, type csrutil disable and pressing Enter, SIP is off
Restart your Mac, the same type csrutil enable for SIP on,

G.G

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

G.G.,

In our testing of this issue we also found turning off SIP as a potential solution, however we were reticent to share this since we felt that this “solution” was somewhat inelegant in that it has some security consequences.

On one side of the argument, if you disable SIP you’ll get the same level of protection as you had with OS X versions before El Capitan. But alternatively it could be said that SIP protects against vulnerabilities that did not exist or were unknown previously.

We are continuing to work on a solution to this “Installed but not available..” error issue and we will post when a fix is ready to be released.

Thanks for your patience,

Dan R.
    DPS Support

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

konkrypton,

Please open a support ticket or email me directly at drice@bmtdps.com and we’ll get you squared away.

Thanks,

Dan R.
    DPS Support

vukodlak75
    Participant

So I just got a new mbp 2018 (Mojave) and am not happy with the sound from it. Sounds a bit muffled compared to my mbp 2014.
    So I decided to install the latest copy of Bongiovi on the new one.
    After reading through the pages on this thread I turned SIP OFF and installed it.
    Tested and it worked great.
    Turned SIP OFF and it didn’t work. I got the “Installed but not available..”
    So I installed it again (did not uninstall) with SIP ON. After installation I just logged off and logged back in. IT is working now. I even rebooted and it is still working.

So I basically installed it twice. First Wirth SIP OFF then with SIP ON.
    Note, I did get an alert needing permission for microphone on first install.

Bongiovi did help with better sound on this new mbp, just wonder why it sounded worse than my old one.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

vulkodlak75,

We have also noticed the change in quality for newer MBP models. I have a MBP 15″ and recently had to have the left tweeter replaced as it blew about 1 year into normal (well, normal for me 😉 use. It seems Apple is taking the route of using signal processing to improve performance and they are still tweaking parameters.

Check out the MacBook with Touchbar profile in PROFILES tab / Built-in / Apple. This addresses the more fragile nature of the new speakers and delivers better overall performance. We are in the process of making a bunch of new profiles for new products, MacBooks included. I also suggest giving the Universal City Profiles a go as they work on a wide range of laptops and all provide good speaker protection and high-frequency response.

jeffprid
    Participant

Any new news on the “Installed but not available..” error issue?

nukefixer1
    Participant

Greetings,
    While all the issues work themselves out with DPS, and I so miss it’s experience in using and listening with it, I’ve since downloaded and use “Boom”, it’s not as good, but its better then nothing!

It’s been months since I first reported my issues with DPS and Mojave and I trust sometime soon a build will be available that can be downloaded, and installed with no user adjustments to the OS or DPS, like the “old” days!

Just a clean simple install!

Nuke

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.