Bongiovi DPS

Mac DPS 'dips out' for a second

Forums DPS Plug-In for computers DPS System Wide Plug-In for Mac Mac DPS 'dips out' for a second

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LossLes
    Participant

Howdy, howdy, howdy…

Running a <span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”>brand new </span><span style=”line-height: 1.5em;”>Mac Mini with all the latest everything, OS, iTunes, DPS.</span>

DPS ‘dips out’ every 20 minutes (or so) for a second. Sound just goes and then immediately comes back.

Tried turning DPS off to see if it is the Mac or iTunes that but then the ‘glitch’ doesn’t happen.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks

Loss Les

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

lossles,

What else is running in the background when this occurs?

What type of content are you viewing when this occurs? (quicktime video, video in iTunes, youTube, Safari, Chrome, etc)

If it is video in iTunes or with Quicktimex, it is most likely related to a known Mavericks issue that we are working on. Waiting on word from Apple. See this thread https://www.bongiovidps.com/forums/topic/mavericks-osx-issue-list/

Try closing out other programs and see if this issue persists. I will await your reply.

Thanks!

LossLes
    Participant

Hi.

Nothing running in background (other than Mavericks system usuals).

Just a new Mac Mini running iTunes, playing audio only using optical out.

I do have pretty big Apple Lossless files but it also does it on ‘normal’ mp3’s.

Steve Crowther

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Steve,

This is most likely part of the previous issue mentioned that we are aware of. Is this happening with anything being played through iTunes?

LossLes
    Participant

Hi

We have been doing some tests…  Looks like it may be a weird WIFI related event.

We can only get this to happen when DPS is running –

Playing long/large Apple Lossless or MP3. Music ‘dips out’ for approx. half a second after 20 minutes or so. Can be 20 minutes into a long track or after 20 minutes(ish) of shorter tracks. It does seem to be on a ‘regular’ basis.

Also, when the refrigerator pump starts, central heating thermostat trips or certain light switches are used, the music ‘dips out’ for a longer period. Maybe a second. So, maybe it’s a WIFI interference thing.

Doesn’t happen when DPS is turned off.

I can’t see what the relationship would be between DPS and WIFI. However, I do control the Mac using Remote on an iPad. Could this be a clue?

BTW – do you know this form is not very iPad compatible?

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

AN engineer made a good point…on his iPhone sometimes there are audio alerts that dim sound when the alert happens. Maybe something similar is happening on your mac? Do you have anything installed that might have these sorts of audio alerts? Even if they are turned down it could cause a dipping issue. Look into the different alerts and notifications and see if this is the culprit. As for wi-fi, I am thinking you would most likely be seeing other issues if it were a wifi issue. Let me know if some kind of audio notification is to blame here.

Thanks!

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

lossles,

Another thing…Might you be running any program that records audio like a security cam or web cam that is always on? The audio may be mixing with DPS and when a spike happens the compressor turns things down for a sec. If you are running anything like this, try disabling and see if the problem goes away. Let us know.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.