Bongiovi DPS

iOS 7

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    brad
    Participant

I’ve been having the same “crash on certain artists” issue as Thom.  I’m using an ipad third generation running iOS 7.0.4. with DPS 1.4.7.

I thought perhaps it was due to a corrupt itunes database, so tried deleting and reloading all my music and deleting the db files and reloading – to no avail – which led me to these forums.  I’m relieved it’s not just my issue, but that doesn’t really help with the actual issue.

In the interim, I’ve created playlists in the regular ios Music app with all the songs from the artists, but that’s far from ideal.

thom

Brad:

For me it only seems to happen with artists for whom I have  a created a playlist in iTunes. However, if I delete their playlist, they still crash afterwards, as if the db for said artists was now corrupted. I tried deleting and reloading all my music same as you did, but it changed nothing.

andyhiggins
    Participant

Hi Guys… One more hand-in-the-air for DPS crashing if I try to select specific artists (perhaps it’s a conspiracy against Radiohead?!)  I can select individual songs or albums from the same artist without any issues.  It’s recurrent on iPhone 5, iPhone 4s and iPad3, all running iOS7.0.4, DPS 1.4.7 and no playlists.

jimboden

andyhiggins:

I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.4 and DPS 1.4.7. I can’t replicate this problem, no matter how hard I try. I don’t use the “cloud” for anything, though. I play music by artist, album, and genre, plus I use playlists. I wonder what the difference is between my setup and yours. When you say DPS crashes, what exactly happens? Are there any error messages, or does it simply stop working/freezing?

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

We are just now seeing a few 2-3 similar reports in the portal like this. It is being addressed for the next version. Only 3 official reports of this type of crash since launching the last version. If any of you would like to submit your .crash text please go through our support channel here

http://help.dpsplugin.com/ticket/

Thanks!

andyhiggins
    Participant

Hi… I’ve submitted just raised a ticket and submitted a crash report for you.  I hope it helps.

@jimboden
    – The app just closes when specific artist names are selected from the list.

Cheers,
    Andy.

jimboden

andyhiggins:

That sounds like a problem I had quite a while back. The symptom was, every time I started DPS, the screen would appear for a fraction of a second, then it was gone. It may not be the same thing you’re experiencing, though. The way I solved my problem was to uninstall and reinstall DPS, then it was fine.

brad
    Participant

I should have posted originally – sorry, forgot – I did try to uninstall and reinstall DPS prior to going through all the music files and database files rigmarole.  🙁

There’s no error message or freezing.  It’s quite simply: scroll down to an artist, click artist, app disappears/back on home screen.

Related note: Radiohead is one of the artists this happens to me with.  It’s not related to saved playlists for me, though – as I’ve a number of artists I’d included in different playlists that show up fine.

thom

Update 1.5 has fixed the problem I was having with the artists section crashing the app. Thanks guys!

gregm12

As Thom says the 1.5 update has also fixed the crash issue for me.

However,  the Artists menu is still showing every artist from whom I have downloaded a song from iTunes – including several artists whose tracks are not on my iPhone so the list is full of irrelevant entries.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Greg

thom

Try turning off “Show iCloud Items.” Just a guess.

brad
    Participant

Just wanted to echo Thom’s thanks for addressing the crash on artist select issue.  Great work, all!  Thrilled to have the app back to full functionality.

jimboden

Glad to hear the problems have been fixed. The new graphics and options are nice, too.

gregm12

[quote=61727]Try turning off “Show iCloud Items.” Just a guess.[/quote]

Hi Thom, yes this is already set to off, it’s a strange one because the standard Apple music app only shows the music I have synced to the phone, but DPS shows all the artists I have ever bought music from on the app store.

Any other suggestions?! Would deleting and re-syncing all the music maybe help?

Thanks,

Greg

thom

Greg,

I’d just be guessing again. I’m no expert I’m afraid.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.