Bongiovi DPS

iOS 7

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Jim (& everyone on this thread),

There were a few crash reports from Genres, Artists…Those things have been resolved. There was also some issues toggling off the show itunes match and apple drm switches. Those things have been fixed as well. Sorry we missed this thread. I recommend anyone with iOS issues to update to the new v1.4.6.

Thanks!

thom

As coincidence would have it, v 1.4.6 was just released. I installed it, but the bugs persist.

If I go to songs, some selections are greyed out with a cloud icon and the message: “Item is on iTunes Match.” Don’t know what that means but I have tried turning off iTunes Match without success. I can’t play these songs unless I add them to a playlist through iTunes.

Also, if I choose Artists and them select one, the app will crash. This only happens when selecting certain artists, others will open fine.

Under “What’s New” it states “Fixes reported issues” but doesn’t mention anything specific so I am at a loss.

jimboden

Thanks for the update Joseph! I just did the update to 1.4.6 and still don’t have any issues. I also have an iPhone 4S like thom does. I wonder what the catalyst is that causes this problem for other users. I’ve tried Genres, Artists and everything else as well. Wonder if it’s related to iTunes Match somehow. I don’t use it, so it may explain why I’m not having the problem.

thom

Update: Just noticed that every song greyed out with the cloud icon and iTunes Match message has a duplicate entry in the song list which does play fine. These songs are definitely not duplicated on my HD so why the double entries?

Also, any artist with a duplicate entry like this will crash when I choose them from the Artists section. All others are fine.

I too do not use iTunes Match and it is normally turned off in my settings. I’ve tried it both on and off, and re-installed the app twice to no avail. All of these problems began when I upgraded to IOS 7.  I dunno….

jimboden

thom:

I have seen the double entry thing myself, with an iCloud symbol. Somehow, I managed to get rid of it, but don’t remember exactly what I did. Just checked my phone settings in a few places. Under Settings>Music I have iTunes Match turned off, under Settings>iCloud all the entries are turned off except for Find My Phone, and under Settings>iTunes & App Store I have iTunes Match turned off. I wish Apple would put these settings in one place. I don’t understand why they have so many. I also have an iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.4 and just updated DPS to its latest version. It definitely seems to me this issue is related to iOS 7. I never saw it prior to the “upgrade”. I don’t know if there are any settings in iTunes which can affect this indirectly, but I do have iTunes Match turned off there as well. There may be some Apple user forums that can help with this.

On a different note, I reported an issue with volume earlier in this thread, where I had to move the slider much further to the right to get my normal volume. It happened again yesterday after I updated DPS. A reboot of the phone fixed it as it did the last time. So, a question for the Bongiovi guys. Does DPS have any control over the volume, or is it all done by iOS? It never happened before iOS 7 came along.

Joseph: What does this mean “There was also some issues toggling off the show itunes match and apple drm switches”? Where are the settings for these, if any? I don’t see any in DPS but maybe I’m looking in the wrong place. I used to be a computer systems programmer and the myriad of settings in iOS makes me think of those days. I’m sure the “average” person can get easily lost in this morass.

thom

Thanks for the info, Jim.  We have the exact same iPhone, IOS version/settings and DPS version, yet I’m still getting double entries with the iCloud icon and crashes every time I choose an artist whose songs include one of these double entries. I have a feeling it’s something really simple that needs to be turned on or off somewhere or other.  Just can’t figure it out.

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

If you open your songs area and thumb down on the library you should see the options shown in the image attached:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch14bbrk773abgv/photo.PNG

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Thom/Jim,

If this setting is toggled off then you should only see what is stored on the device. Thom, I recommend resyncing your iTunes library. Make sure it is fully synced then restart the app and see if the issue persists. Let us know.

Thanks,

jimboden

Joseph:

Thanks for posting that image. The reason I’ve never seen it is, when you look at songs, etc., the screen doesn’t show it unless you scroll to the top. Kind of a strange implementation IMO. Why would those settings be there instead of in general DPS settings? Also, do you have any thoughts on the volume issue I’ve posted a couple of times?

thom

I found that “hidden” option in the songs area, turned off ‘Show iTunes Match Items’ and while this removed the double entries with the iCloud icon, it causes an even greater problem: Now, when I scroll though the song area, song titles beginning with the letter A are duplicated in the B, C, D etc. sections right down the list to the letter Z.   Furthermore, songs beginning with the letter B are also duplicated starting from the B section right through to the Z section as well. In fact, the list now only shows songs beginning with the letters A & B throughout, while any song titles beginning with letters C-Z inclusive do not appear at all. Needless to say, I turned Show iTunes Match Items back on.

jimboden

thom:

That is really bizarre. I have Show iTunes Match turned off and haven’t seen that issue. I do have the DRM one turned on, though, but don’t pretend to know exactly what it does.

thom

Latest update (1.4.7) fixed the ‘Show iTunes Match Items’ bug I mentioned above, but the app still crashes in the Artists section when I select certain artists.

jimboden

thom:

I haven’t seen the 1.4.7 update and have all my apps set to automatic updates. How did you find out about it?

thom

Hi Jim,

The usual way: A notification popped up on my App Store icon last week.

jimboden

Hi thom:

Hmm, when I went to the app store, I had 5 pending updates. I have the update automatically setting turned on, so don’t understand why they’re pending. Guess I’ll have to look at it a little closer. Anyway, got the DPS update, so thanks for mentioning it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.