Bongiovi DPS

iOS 7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    jimboden

Do you guys at Bongiovi expect any issues with iOS 7 once it’s released? I’ve been on Apple’s web site watching videos about it. Guess no one will actually know until it can be tried out, of course. There’s some interesting new features in iOS 7.

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Def seems interesting. Haha…I always expect issues with a new iOS version….We shall see…What new features are you anticipating the most?

jimboden

Hi Joseph:

Too many new features to mention! I love how they’ve simplified a lot of things, even down to apps getting updated automatically without your intervention. No more app store notifications. The Safari changes are really nice, with tabs that can be dragged off the screen, plus there’s more screen real estate when you’re using the browser. The finger print security looks very promising on the 5S. I have an iPhone 4S, but am seriously thinking about upgrading to the 5S, which goes on sale here Sept. 20. iOS 7 is backwards compatible with the 4 series, though, so I could go with iOS 7 on my 4S if I don’t upgrade. There’s lots of reasons for me to upgrade to the 5S, though, but it means locking into another 2 year contract to get the subsidized price.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

iOS7 looks amazing which is another factor in our DPS 2.0 redesign project. Our developers have tested the Bongiovi DPS app in the iOS7 developer releases and all seems well, though of course, there could always be something weird that comes up in the final release of iOS7.

iOS7 will be available September 18th. I’m looking forward to it!

jimboden

Hi Joey:

Good to know DPS works with iOS 7. Thanks!

gregm12

Hi all,

It seems there are some compatibility issues with iOS7. For example all of my purchased music that I have bought from iTunes appears when viewing by Artist and Albums, even when I set show iTunes Match items to ‘off’. The artist/song is visible but I can’t select it (it states All Tracks Filtered – Adjust Filtering above).

This wouldn’t be a large issue by itself but the app seems quite unstable now and crashes fairly often; for example if I go to the songs list and select the # icon so scroll to the end of the list, the app will crash. This is after two reinstalls of the app.

Is there an update planned to fix this? When it does work, the sound quality is noticeably better than Apple’s own inbuilt app!

Greg

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Thanks, Greg.  What iOS device are you using?

Things seemed quite stable on the developer releases of iOS 7 however that doesn’t mean much once the final version of the OS is released.  We are collecting data now to determine if there are iOS issues at play or actual incompatibilities.  Sometimes Apple will release  a few quick updates whenever there is a major refresh of the operating system.  We saw this with Mountain Lion.

Actually, my iPhone 5 is a brick since Apple removed compatibility for third party chargers.  Now it won’t charge with a real Lighting cable.  :-/

We will keep you guys posted as we find out more.  Thanks for your patience!

gregm12

Hi xaqmusic,

Thanks for the reply. It’s an iPhone 5 I’m using as well. Have just installed iOS 7.0.1 and DPS issues still seem to be ongoing.

Hope you get the charger situation sorted!

Greg

jimboden

Just had an odd experience with iOS 7 which I’ll pass on. A couple of days ago, I received an iOS 7.0.2 update notification from Apple and it was downloaded, but not installed, on my 4S phone. I’ve been holding off doing the upgrade to wait for some glitches to get fixed. Yesterday, I finally decided to install it and that all went OK. When I went to start DPS 1.4.5, the DPS icon appeared on the screen for a fraction of a second, then the phone went back to its desktop. From there, I deleted DPS from both my phone and iTunes library, then downloaded it again from the app store. That solved the problem. Weird.

jimboden

Think I found a quirk in DPS volume control in iOS 7.0.2. For the first time (I think) since I installed iOS 7, I was listening to music on my iPhone with my headphones. I noticed that the volume slider has to be moved to around 75% to get the volume level I like. Normally, in prior iOS versions, the slider would be roughly at centre. Just to make sure it wasn’t my imagination, I tried the Apple music app, and the volume slider set to centre was fine. I have volume limit set to off and I don’t use DPS Hear, if that helps.

jimboden

Update: After I reported this, for the first time since installing iOS 7, I powered the phone off and back on. The volume setting is now back to normal for some reason. Guess it makes sense to “reboot” the phone once in a while.

steveting99

I’ve got 3rd generation iPad with iOS 6 and have hesitated the up-grade until the bugs have been worked out. Think I’ll wait until the bugs have been worked out before upgrading to iOS 7.xx

For those brave and willing enough to work through the bugs – I tip my hat to you guys.

Steve

jimboden

iOS 7.0.2 works perfectly fine on my iPhone 4S, but one thing I despise is the white backgrounds with tiny light grey fonts they use on most things like the calendar, notes, and email messages. This is a big step backwards for me. The only option you have is to change the font size or make it bold, which helps a bit. I notice Apple does the same thing on its web site. Someone at that company should get an education in the proper use of typography.

thom

Hello all,

Just a note to say i am having the same issues as gregm12. I have an iphone 4s running ios 7.0.4. Any fixes on the way?

jimboden

thom:

I’m having a little trouble figuring out what the issue is. I have lots of music purchased from iTunes and have no problem playing it with DPS. I’m currently on iOS 7.0.4, but didn’t have any issues with older iOS 7 releases. The message you refer to is 3 months old, the user hasn’t commented since, and no one from Bongiovi has actually acknowledged that it’s a problem. I suggest waiting for them to update the status here as posted in late September.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.