Bongiovi DPS

Feature request

Forums DPS Plug-In for computers Feature request

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    rnadeau6299
    Participant

It would be nice to have adjustable volume limiter. There are many times where the action sequences in movies are so loud I have to turn it down with the remote and then have to turn it back up . I used to use Breakaway sound enhancer and its volume limiter was excellent, but it is no longer being developed and doesn’t work with my setup. I tried Profound sound and it limited too much. My music sounded like it was being muted. When I listen to music I want it sounding as intended, because my wife isn’t there to complain, but she is there to complain with the movies. I don’t know how hard this would be to implement but it would be a great addition. If I shouldn’t have mentioned actual product names please excuse me and edit this post and let me know so I will post differently in the future. I’m behind you guys 100%. The future IS DPS!!!!

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

rnadeau6299,

Thanks for the recommendation.   This is one I would really like our head engineer to follow up on.  I can say from personal experience that for me, it is about finding the perfect DPS profile.  Which DPS profile are you using for movies?

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Actually the main function of DPS is dynamic range control.  This means DPS is is like a volume limiter on steroids.  The trick is selecting the profile that has the amount of volume limiting you like.  That is also why we include the Movies mode.  The Movies listening mode actually ramps up the amount of volume limiting to account for the wider dynamic range of movies with consideration for the playback device.

When it is night time and I’m playing a video game or watching video, I usually switch to the Philadelphia Speakers profile.  I designed this profile to have maximum clarity for voice and music at very quiet volume levels.  This means it functions very well as a volume limiter as you describe.  Give it a try for this purpose ant let us know what you think!

MODERATION:  I’ll keep this as the main thread and delete the second post on this subject to avoid confusion.

rnadeau6299
    Participant

I tried Philadelphia..not enough bass for me. I think Paris has good bass and clearer voice. I’ll try it tonight with a movie. I don’t know how much range control it has. This is why I requested a seperate volume leveling control to fine tune it better. I tried all the other cities and none had the bass I like combined with clarity of voice.

rnadeau6299
    Participant

I watched 2012 tonight and Paris worked very well levelling the volume, although I would prefer a little more bass. I was using anapolis before. I thought overall it was my preference but the levelling seems non existant.

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

rnadeau6299,

Have you tried using the DPS Equalizer to add a little bass where you need it?  http://help.dpsplugin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=windows_eq

I use this all the time to adjust for differences from movie to movie. Give it a shot to dial in bass and treble frequencies. I generally find things to have too much bass so I am rolling it off.  Opposite issue.  Hope this helps!

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Should we cook up a variation of Paris that has more bass?  It really wouldn’t be hard and we could call it Champagne.  🙂

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

I love it!

rnadeau6299
    Participant

I have adjusted the bass all the way up in the equalizer.  If you could easily add a little more bass to paris that would be very much appreciated.

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

We will let you know when we have something hashed out.  Thanks rnadeau6299!  You are very active in the forum!  Thanks for that as well!

rnadeau6299
    Participant

I wanted to let you know that after using  Paris for a little while, I really like it and I wouldn’t make any changes unless you really want to. I would appreciate it, but it’s not pressing. Thanks guys! lol, I just burnt my supper while writing this! Guess I should have waited till I was done.

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Burning supper for DPS! Now that’s dedication! Thanks for the message.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Hey, rnadeau6299, check out the new TOOLS profiles.  Hopefully these meet your volume leveling needs!

rnadeau6299
    Participant

I downloaded the new profiles a couple days ago and have been testing them. I am currently testing the Paris profile and it sounds great. I will test the Annapolis profile this weekend. Great job guys!

Ask and you shall receive!!!! THANK YOU! you are a great team!!!!

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Thank you! You are an amazing customer!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.