Bongiovi DPS

DPS for Mac 1.0.7 Issues

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    MightyBoo
    Participant

These two issues exist even after “clean” OS installs of 10.10.* and 10.11, hence it should be common to others, probably on mac portables:

— Occasional momentarily audio distortion, and i believe it has to do with the CPU, unable to process the audio at that time due to other application sudden CPU process spikes. When switch from DPS reflector to the normal output under sound settings, this occurrence does not exist.

— For the purpose of mac going sleep mode: “pmset -g” shows that core audio process is preventing the sleep mode. Only when i exit DPS, core audio assertions are gone, then sleep mode is possible.

Macbook pro Mid 2010 2.66Ghz, on a 500GB SSD & 8GB RAM, clean install of 10.11 official release, only DPS 1.0.7 running and no other audio processors, only a pair of Bose earphones or the integrated speakers for listening.

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

Hello –

We have become aware of a change in the way DPS Plugin for Mac interacts with Airplay in El Capitan (osX 10.11.) For users connecting to Airplay via Apple TV, DPS does not “see” Airplay as an output device in El Capitan unless you have connected to your Apple TV via Airplay Display.

It is unclear if this change will be fixed in a future update of El Capitan, but we will work to see what we can do to restore the previous functionality we had under Yosemite.

Please feel free to share your experiences regarding this issue, or any other issue you may have.

And most importantly, enjoy the music.

Thanks,

Dan R.
    DPS Support

la_corde_noire
    Participant

A friend of mine is using an older ac OSX (10.7) and can’t use the 2.0 version of your plugin there so she’s trying to get the 1.0 version to run. Unfortunately she gets the licence message after 10 minutes and can’t register/buy the plugin from there. Is it still possible to use the 1.0 version on an older Mac?

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

la_corde_noire,

Please email me directly at drice@bmtdps.com . It may be possible to get your friend up and running with DPS on 10.7.

Thanks,

Dan Rice
    DPS Support

wr1l
    Participant

Hi,

I wanted to buy DPS 1.0.7 from you, but I got a reply that you don’t sell it anymore.

Can I still get it somehow [or use the trial version unlimited without any pop up]?

Do you store the trial dates of clients online by the way? I searched to find the trial date for DPS on my MacBook with Mac OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), without any success.

Thank you in advance.

PS I despise the commercial people of Boom. I bought Boom, but I can’t use it now because they don’t allow me to use it anymore. @$$ooooo.

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

wr1l,

At the risk of being despised, I am afraid I don’t have any good news for you. We do not have a software product that will work on MacOs 10.6. Our software runs on MacOs 10.10 and later.

If you did purchase DPS v1, then you should have a license for DPS 2.1. I can track it down with your email address or your full name. Feel free to email me directly at drice@bmtdps.com or open a support ticket and we can get it all sorted out.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Dan R.
    DPS Support

wr1l
    Participant

Dan,

I don’t despise you or bongiovidps. I didn’t buy DPS, even though I wanted too. But I can’t any more.

There must be a way to use DPS v1 on Mac OS 10.6 now fully.

I guess you do store the trial dates of users online which stops me from using it fully even though years back it would’ve been possible. (Almost like how I bought Boom and can’t use now anymore). Makes me think about technologies we had decades ago (by N. Tesla for example) but now are not even regarded as a possibility by some people.

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

“There must be a way to use DPS v1 on Mac OS 10.6 now fully.”

There is not. I believe that previously DPS version 1.0.6 was working on MacOs 10.6. However we have ended support for version 1.x and it is no longer possible to activate that version of the program. It might work for a few days, but then it will time out and stop functioning. Also, it is not possible to download any profiles for version 1.x since the server handling that functionality is no longer online.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.