Bongiovi DPS

DPS Apple iOS 8 – Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4?

Forums The Bongiovi DPS app for mobile devices DPS Apple iOS 8 – Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    subravenkat2

Hello,

I am currently using the full version of Bongiovi DPS in my Apple iPhone 5 (with iOS 8.0.2 updated). I have a Camry 2012 with the touchscreen. With the regular music app on my iPhone, I can browse through the media on my iPhone using the car’s touchscreen (via Bluetooth). This is due to the AVRCP 1.4 profile, which allows media browsing capabilities via bluetooth.

However when I use the Bongiovi DPS app, I am able to play music via bluetooth but I am not able to browse my media via bluetooth. The ‘Browse’ button on my car’s touchscreen disappears. Once I close out (i.e. kill) the Bongiovi DPS app and re-open my iPhone’s regular music app, the “Browse” button re-appears and lets me browse my media. But the sound that plays through the regular music app is not processed with Bongiovi DPS.

It would be great if the Bongiovi DPS app includes Bluetooth AVRCP 1.4 version support. Browsing music from the car’s screen is a very helpful thing as it helps avoiding distractions of taking out the phone and browsing thru the music

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

That would be a very cool feature as long as we are allowed to access that protocol through iOS.  We are extremely limited as a third party as to what we can do with the audio stream and media on the device (no processing or DRM media for example).  However, Apple has changed their rules throughout the years so this may be possible in iOS 8 without invoking the iTunes API.  Keep in mind that we cannot use the build in iTunes (Music app) functions because this does not allow us to process the audio with DPS.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.