Bongiovi DPS

DPS 2.2.3.2 and MacOS10.15.4 Catalina problem

Forums Bongiovi DPS 2.2 DPS 2.2.3.2 and MacOS10.15.4 Catalina problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jazzer
    Participant

Since upgrading to Catalina 10.15.4 I keep having instances where I lose sound altogether whilst Bongiovi DPS is active. Sound can be working fine then later when I return to my Mac desktop there’s no sound. It seems the only way to get it back is to reinstall Bongiovi DPS 2.2.3.2 over the existing app.

Any ideas how to sort this problem?

luv-music
    Participant

Hi, I had the same problem with a MacBook Pro 2019 starting in mid April that affected Apple Music but I don’t reminder if it affected the Sound Effects (in System Preferences). My only temporary and frustrating solution was to restart the computer. I was given a long “Troubleshooting Procedure that may Fix Problems with macOS El Capitan or Later” in a community forum. I didn’t want to do all that so I tried some simple things like disonnecting an external hard drive and rebooting the sound controller but that didn’t help. At some point I used safe boot and then restarted and it it seems that safe boot may have corrected the problem. Since April 24 I can leave the computer for hours, leave it on overnight, awaken it from sleep, leave the sound paused with Apple Music’s pause button or using the keyboard’s touchpad play/pause key for extended periods of time and I still have sound. I don’t know what actually caused the problem in the first place but that is my non-techie experience and I hope it continues to work because I expect that from a MacBook Pro 2019.

JWise
    Participant

I’ve been running into the same problem on a 2014 Retina MBP running Catalina 10.15.4. It happens sporadically throughout the day. If I kill coreaudiod, quit & restart DPS, that generally fixes it for a bit.

hooger
    Participant

Same here, except that the audio gets stuck in a loop. The length of the loop is about 0.3 seconds long.

Killing coreaudiod helps, but it comes back.

Where can I file a bug report?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.