Bongiovi DPS

DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

Forums Bongiovi DPS 2.2 DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    hoangngoc501
    Participant

It’s working fine on my computer but still one error/
    Help me fix this error, how to remove it?

jimboden

hoangngoc501

That’s strange. You say DPS is actually working. When do you get that message? I’ve never seen it.

hoangngoc501
    Participant

It’s actually working, I get that message when i turn DPS on ūüėÄ

jimboden

I have some good news. I installed the latest iTunes version 11.4.0.18 today and did some extensive listening on my headphones. There were no audio drop outs.

jimboden

hoangngoc501

That’s interesting. When you say it does it when you turn DPS on, do you mean when you start it or you click on the DPS on button?

hoangngoc501
    Participant

when windows start or when i click on the dps button that message appear but it’s actually working ūüėÄ

ruslang
    Participant

high loading CPU & RAM?

why DPS 2.10a high loading RAM (~ 30-75%) NON playing audio, that when you play audio, work playing audio a more and high loading CPU 3.6% / RAM ~15-32%

scrin http://i.pixs.ru/storage/2/6/6/dpspng_1311671_13884266.png

MY CPU/RAM – i3 4130, RAM 6GB WIN8.1 X64

ruslang
    Participant

hoangngoc501 It’s working fine on my computer but still one error/

Help me fix this error, how to remove it?

before installing  dps 2 need to full-completely uninstall & remove the previous version DPS half alpha

2 necessarily restart the PC, and only then install DPS 2 -10a

jimboden

hoangngoc501

I agree with ruslang and would uninstall/reinstall it to see if that helps. I’ve never seen that problem and I always install a newer version on top of the old one and it’s never caused a problem for me.

jimboden

ruslang:

I don’t see a problem with DPS memory or CPU utilization. It looks normal to me. I don’t understand why you think memory is being used at those high percentages you mention. It’s only using 24.1MB in your example, which is less than 1% of your 6GB RAM. I just checked it on my system, and memory usage varies a little when it’s active. I have seen it go as high as 60MB on my system, which is less than 1% of my 8GB RAM. Your CPU utilization of 3.8% looks normal to me, but it will vary as well. I have an i7-4770K processor and DPS is using less than 1% CPU. That makes sense compared to your i3 because the i7 is a much more powerful processor.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

I was able to recreate the DPS Driver Not Found issue.  It is possible for the DPS driver to not be uninstalled properly when upgrading (installing over top).  If the DPS driver was in use at the time of uninstall, the system may not be able to remove it.  So, during the installation of the new version, a SECOND DPS driver is created and everything gets messed up.  Here is how to fix this:

1)  Look in your Sound preferences windows under Manage Audio Devices in the Windows Control Panel.

2)  When DPS installs normally, it should look like (Speakers) Digital Power Station.

If there was a problem, you will see (Speakers) 2 РDigital Power Station.  This means a second version of the driver was installed and you have a problem.

3)  Open your Device Manager from the Windows Control Panel

4)  Expand the category Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  If you two Digital Power Station drivers there, you have a problem.  Leave the Device Manager open.

5)  Uninstall all versions of DPS.

6)  Right-Click on any remaining Digital Power Station drivers in the Sound Video and Game Controllers category in the Device Manager.  Choose Uninstall.

7)  Reboot.

8)  Before you run any other program, install DPS 2.0 a10.  Then DPS should work perfectly.

Let me know if this works. ¬†I’ll post a screenshot when I can.

jimboden

Hi Joey:

Thanks for posting that. Just checked my system and I don’t have duplicate drivers even though I install new versions on top of the older one.

jimboden

UPDATE re: memory utilization

Following ruslang’s comments about memory, I took a look at DPS 2.0 utilization vs. 1.2.3 and found an interesting difference.

DPS 1.2.3 uses 7.3MB of RAM. It doesn’t fluctuate as far as I can tell and it remains at 7.3MB whether it’s processing audio or not.

DPS 2.0 starts off using somewhere in the 20MB range, then it starts chewing up memory every second until it uses over 200MB. When it reaches its maximum utilization, it drops back to the 20MB range, then repeats the process. I watched it for a few minutes without any audio being processed and it constantly repeated the sequence. This seems like strange behaviour, but maybe it’s being done for a reason that isn’t obvious.

Is there a possibility this is happening because I have both versions of DPS installed? Does each version have its own driver or do they share the same one?

UPDATE: Just checked 2.0 again while it was processing audio, and its memory utilization is bouncing between the 20MB and 80MB range. When I turned off the audio, it went back to the 20MB to just over 200MB range.

hoangngoc501
    Participant

i removed it and reinstall but its still appear that message :/

ruslang
    Participant

DPS 2.0 Alpha Testing (Windows) NON FREE – Trial version?

“The trial period has ended. Please register and activate DPS from the Activation tab”

in this case (without temporary activation key) I stop alpha-testing dps 2 to beta stage, and turn back to dps 1.2.3

your errors, problems and bugs lazhy look and fix themselves

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 419 total)
  • The topic ‘DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)’ is closed to new replies.