Bongiovi DPS

DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

Forums Bongiovi DPS 2.2 DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    jburdick777

I am running Windows 10 – 10074 and would like to Alpha / Beta Test DPS 2.0

jburdick777

I’ve just upgraded to Windows 10 B 10122 and DPS still doesn’t work.  How do I get the DPS 2.0 Alpha to test?

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

We will have a new build (2.0.0a17) ready in the next few days.  Aside from a bunch of audio engine tweaks, compatibility for Windows 10 is included.

We certainly want folks to be testing in Windows 10.  If any new folks want to join the test program and are using Windows 10, please email me.

Thanks!

jburdick777

Great!  I’m interested.  What’s your Email?

ruslang
    Participant

You can make dps profile PC & Android – for Headphones sven ap-b35omv, both bluetooth and 3.5 cable?

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

New DPS 2.0 build a17 is now available in Dropbox

Build notes:

• Fixed issue with app crashing on Windows 10..
    • Updated JSON packages.
    • Fixed an issue with the default background color of the main window.
    • Fixed a UI drawing issue when switching outputs on the settings tab.
    • Added the ability to read bgvx profiles.
    • The beta timeout for a17 is 8/1/2015.

This build introduces the ability to open our new bgvx profile format.  This new format consolidates many parameters that used to be separate.  As a result, there will be a few known issues until we replace the bgva profile with bgvx:

• Stereo Enhancement effect will reset when switching profiles.  To hear the effect, turn STEREO CONTROLS off then on again.
    • Some distortion may occur on very loud profiles.  This is due to limiter settings not being loaded by default.

If you are running Windows 10 and would like to join our test program please click here for details.

Thanks!

penguin
    Participant

Hi Joe!

Thanks for releasing a new build but there’s no file in the dropbox.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Ah!  I had changed the name of the dropbox folder.  I just changed it back.  Please try the link again.

ruslang
    Participant

DPS 2A17 –

DO NOT work on the level of the driver on Windows 10×64 – 10130 Enterprais

He wrote that “it was not possible to play test sound”

and in aimp> WASAPI “Code: -2004287480 (88890008)
    Format: 44100 Hz / 32 Bit / Stereo

ruslang
    Participant

although the GUI panel is normally open and working properly

jburdick777

Got the new DPS 2.0 a17 build.  Now running Windows 10 B 10130 and everything seems to be working out OK.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

ruslang,

Remember, the current DPS virtual audio driver is limited to 44.1kHz 16bit audio only.  Perhaps you saw the error because of 32bit audio?  As long as Windows is handling the audio streams sample rate and bit depth conversion will be applied automatically.

jburdick777,

I’m glad to hear you are having success.

All,

Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be released July 29th!  Our goal is to have all features of DPS 2.0 ready for that date.   Our biggest delays have been related to the massive overhaul of our web based system.  But when you see the results of the upgrade I think you will feel it was worth it.  We will also be rolling out the new DPS profile format that has tons of cool processing features that will make your devices sound even better.  Stay tuned!

mrdank
    Participant

I am currently on Win10 B 10130 and the GUI shows up and running properly, but the audio processing itself does not work.

I have DPS set as default audio device and selected the HDMI-Audio output from my TV which is my main audio source and it is also activated in the Nvidia control panel by default. What to do?

amadeus32

still waiting for that download link, been using dps 1.2.3 for windows 7 64-bit for years now, can’t wait for dps 2.0 to be used on my newly installed windows 10.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late replies.  I’ve been in China for the past 11 days.  Those links are going out now…

mrdank,

Do you see the sound level meters moving in DPS?

See if you have the option to set the HDMI output to 44.1kHz sample rate and 24 or 16 bits.  Access this by clicking Properties of that device in the Sound Control Panel.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 419 total)
  • The topic ‘DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)’ is closed to new replies.