Bongiovi DPS

DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

Forums Bongiovi DPS 2.2 DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 419 total)
  • Author
    xaqmusic
    Keymaster

No need to uninstall/reinstall.  That won’t do anything.  I’ll do some more tests on my x64 machine because my last tests were on my x86 laptop.  We are actively working on this issue because it plays into some of our commercial applications.  The work we do on those apps will make it’s way back to DPS 2.0 asap.

jimboden

OK, thanks. Just to summarize, I am using a15 and turning off Enable Visualizer actually increases memory usage. Turning in on decreases memory usage. DPS CPU and memory utilization fluctuate constantly even when it’s not processing audio. That is the part I find really strange. In theory, it’s doing nothing, but has overhead. When it is processing audio, the overhead is roughly the same. CPU may be slightly higher, but not by much. On my system, CPU utilization is around 1.5% and bounces up to 3%. It also seems to be in lock step with the fluctuating memory usage.

EDIT:

I just noticed that the memory usage with Enable Visualizer on and off only happens when it’s processing audio. That is, memory utilization goes up with it turned off, and drops when it’s turned on. That is the opposite of what was posted.

jimboden

One last post on this and I’m done.

I played a game using headphones and the memory usage shot up to almost 1GB before going back down. Right now, it’s sitting there not processing anything and it’s still running up to almost 1GB and the CPU utilization is running just over 2%.

I find this really disappointing. All the testing that’s been done going back several months has reported all these memory and CPU problems, and nothing has changed. I’m dropping out of the Alpha test and going back to DPS 1.2.3.

hans
    Participant

[quote=62520][…]Our Windows driver is older and is currently locked into 16bit. All we would have to do is provide 16, 24 amd 32bit float->fixed functions in the driver and we would support the higher bit rates. However, there are some legacy concerns with this driver and, according to Microsoft’s driver team “is not supposed to work at all”.[…] [/quote]

That’s a pity. I always thought that this restriction was caused by a missing implementation in the DPS processing code, but it’s sad if the bottleneck is just a legacy driver issue.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

hans and jim,

We have found a path forward for both the memory/CPU usage and the driver working at native floating point bit depths.  Stay tuned…

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

DPS 2.0 a16 is available in the Dropbox

This version has these changes:

• Changed the visualizer to use on-demand call to get FFT data instead of a callback.  In my testing this has reduced memory fluctuations.  When visualizer is off, there are no memory fluctuations.
    • Added new skins.  <– jimboden, TransparentTheme uses the transparent background you like.
    • Volume will not auto-adjust on app shutdown if the setting is unchecked.
    • Updated to the latest version of the DPS core processing library.
    • The beta timeout for a16 is 6/1/2015.
    rnadeau6299
    Participant

I am trying to install the latest dps 2.0.0a16 but it gave me an error message I tried uninstalling previous version of dps and reinstalling. Still gives me this error message …

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: dps 2.0.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 550b01ae
    Problem Signature 04: Newtonsoft.Json
    Problem Signature 05: 6.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 535c7584
    Problem Signature 07: 7ed
    Problem Signature 08: 73
    Problem Signature 09: System.TypeLoadException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Thanks for the report.  I found a few references to this same error by other folks using the Newtonsoft json library.  We will look into this right away.

hoangngoc501
    Participant

I’m install new version and 1.23 version on windows 10 build 10041, …, 10074 but it not working, please help me fix this error! Thanks!

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

We are aware of this issue and are working on it now.  The crash is occurring when DPS tries to connect to the virtual audio driver.  So Microsoft has changed the audio framework since the last build.  Let’s hope they have documented the change so we can fix it!

hoangngoc501
    Participant

[quote=62576]We are aware of this issue and are working on it now. The crash is occurring when DPS tries to connect to the virtual audio driver. So Microsoft has changed the audio framework since the last build. Let’s hope they have documented the change so we can fix it![/quote]

Hmmm! Thanks 😉

ruslang
    Participant

DPS 2.0 a16 does not work on Windows 10-10074 x64

after installing the panel GUI will not start without any error messages

Although the driver is installed and working properly

but with all this DFX Audio 11.4 the driver and the program normal works fine on the same of Windows, and is a virtual sound card – with his driver, why is that?

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

After looking at the Event Viewer, it looks like we are getting an unhandled exception from .NET when attaching to the virtual audio driver.   We have made Windows 10 compatibility our priority and will be working on this all next week.

I’ll keep you guys posted as we get more information.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

UPDATE:

We figured out the crash issue in Windows 10.  As we suspected, Microsoft changed something so we had to go chase it.  We will have a new version available soon.

hoangngoc501
    Participant

Many thanks 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 419 total)
  • The topic ‘DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)’ is closed to new replies.