Bongiovi DPS

Bongiovi DPS v1.5 out now

Forums The Bongiovi DPS app for mobile devices Bongiovi DPS v1.5 out now

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Hey everybody! I am sure many of you have notice that the new app version 1.5 is out in the app store now. Uses the iOS 7 SDK, Fixes reported user issues, Sports an updated icon, Added a custom user select-able User Interface color option. Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5. Give it a spin. Let us know what you think with a review in the app store!

Thanks!

jimboden

Received the update yesterday. The new graphics are nice, plus there are some nice new options. According to the guys in the iOS 7 thread, this version seems to have fixed all their problems. Well done everyone!

jimboden

Some feedback on v1.5 after trying it for a while. First, I’ve had issues with its display. Songs’ graphics and volume slider are disappearing at random. Instead, there’s a very faint large DPS graphic that fills most of the display. Sometimes, I can get the normal graphics back by locking the phone while a song is playing, then unlocking the phone. This issue goes away if I close and restart DPS, so it’s possible it needed a restart because of the new version. When the graphic does come back, though, the top part of a song’s graphic occupies the same space as the wording for repeat and shuffle.

Second, and this is just a personal preference, I prefer the normal controls for repeat and shuffle. I don’t like having words in their place. The words are very small with a dull blue font plus, being partially hidden in a song’s graphic makes them very difficult to see. I thought Bongiovi was striving for a consistent look across platforms. This does not fit in at all.

EDIT: Seem like the DPS restart fixed the missing graphics issue. As for repeat and shuffle icons, aside from using the “normal” ones as before, I’d suggest making the fonts/icons white so they can be seen through on screen graphics. I have an iPhone 4S which may be part of the problem. I wonder if the issue of being lost in the song’s graphics happens on the iPhone 5 series, which has a larger screen.

jimboden

The lost graphics problem has showed up again, so my original restart wasn’t actually a fix. This time, though, the volume slider is there. I’ve noticed there’s a bit of a delay when DPS loads album graphics, which I haven’t noticed before this version.

thom

Some graphics problems here as well. If I’m playing a song with the album cover displayed, then switch to the songs list, when I return to album cover view it has disappeared. But if I pause the song, then hit play, the album cover reappears.

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Hey Thom and Jim,

Sorry for not replying sooner. We are are aware of the disappearing issues and are addressing these issues. Thanks for the reports!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.