Bongiovi DPS

beyerdynamic T51i – Request profile

Forums Custom Profiles beyerdynamic T51i – Request profile

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bail

surprised you have no profiles for beyerdynamic headphones. As they are a manufacturer of high quality German sound equipment, this is perhaps an omission which needs putting right? If you could start with the T51i headphones, this would suit me down to the ground!

Just a word of praise for DPS generally. My music still sounds great even WITHOUT a T51i profile. However, like you, I seek perfection and a custom profile for my own headphones as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

Bail,
    Thanks for submitting your profiles request. I think I found the right device below:

Beyerdynamic T51i headphones
    http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/t-51-i.html

We create every profile by hand/ear which means we must have that particular piece of hardware on our bench to tune. When this device is made available to us we will create a custom profile for it.

Thank you for using our software!

Happy listening,

Dan Rice
    Bongiovi Acoustics
    DPS Support

bail

Dan,

Thanks your reply but it seems a limp response to me, just waiting till you fall across the right headphones! I was hoping for more proactivity.

I appreciate DPS cannot purchase each and every headphone for sale, test it and produce a profile just on the off chance that a one of your customers may need it someday.

However, one of your customers (me) is asking for a profile for his Beyerdynamic T51i headphones right now. According to your own high standards, you must believe that my audio experience with my headphones must be substantially improved if there is a specific profile for my headphones. I believe this too and therefore find your response inadequate.

As a Britisher who worked until he retired selling for an American Company, Air Products, I believe I know what customer service means to you guys. Can I suggest that:

1      You contact Beyerdynamic in the States and ask whether they can make available to you their T51i headphones on a temporary loan so you can create an accurate profile?

2     Alternatively, can they put you in touch with one of their customers in  your area who might be prepared to loan you their T51i for an hour or two for the same purpose?

Beyerdynamic USA may have other suggestions as well but of one thing I am sure they will do their utmost to help if they can.

One final thought. You ought to be jumping at the chance to align your software with Beyerdynamic products. This is not a wild statement and I refer you to the following review of the T51i by your compatriot Ken Rockwell, himself an audio professional and photographer

http://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/beyer/t51i.htm

In his review of the T51i, he calls it

<b>Beyerdynamic T51i
    World’s Best Portable Headphones
    MADE IN GERMANY</b>

I hope you will do something along the lines I suggest so that within the reasonably near future you can make available a T51i profile and match your customer’s expectations.

Best wishes,

David

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

David,

I have notified my colleague who is in charge of device acquisition of your request. I have advanced your profile request to the top of the list of approximately 40 device profile requests that we are working on.

Even so, I can’t make any promises as to the timeline that your specific request might be fulfilled. We strive for customer satisfaction, and by your adamance I can tell that this is very important to you. I hope you understand though that I receive several (perhaps 5?) profile requests every week. We do our best to churn them out as fast as we can.

Thanks,

Dan Rice
    DPS Support

bail

Dan,

A sincere thank you.

Your assurance that you are working on it as soon as reasonably possible is fine. I can’t expect to be shovelled to the front of the queue, kind as it was of you to expedite my case.

Thanks once again for a good product and good customer service

I do very much appreciate your time and concern,

Best regards

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.