Bongiovi DPS

Beta Test for DPS Mac 1.0.6

Forums DPS Plug-In for computers DPS System Wide Plug-In for Mac Beta Test for DPS Mac 1.0.6

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Hello, Mac users!

We would like you to try out this build of DPS for Mac:  Click Here to Download

This provides support for installing in Yosemite.  This also fixes some of the issues found in Mavericks on some computers.  However we would like to know what computers still have issues.

Leave your feedback here.  Thanks!

Perplexity
    Participant

In Yosemite DP7: The black preferences window needs an update for graphical glitches. That’s all!

MightyBoo
    Participant

On Yosemite PB3, No profiles listed. It says “Successfully Downloaded Profile List” though.

Other than that its working so far.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

There is a new build in the dropbox link above.  This one should resolve the graphics glitches.  Profiles are being listed properly in my tests.  Let us know what you find.

Thanks!

MightyBoo
    Participant

I think its a good feature, when switching between listening mode, to have the app remember the “recent selection for that particular mode”, i.e. When in desktop mode the user will use AirPlay; Hence: Listening to — Desktop with “output device — AirPlay”, but when plugged in headphone into Mac, it AUTO switches back to: Listening to — Headphone “output device — Built-in Output”.

Anyway, currently its running as it should. No flaws.

MightyBoo
    Participant

When plugging in or out the headphone via input jacks, “Listening to” auto-switches between “Headphones” & “Built-in”, HOWEVER, it crashes the app.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Are you only using Built-In output for both Headphones and Built-In speakers?  Or is there a different output (USB or Bluetooth) for your headphones?

Does the app crash when you switch modes manually?

MightyBoo
    Participant

I can’t seem to reproduce the crash now. Its seems to be working flawlessly for the whole work day today.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Good to hear.  Hopefully that issue was a glitch in the matrix.

MightyBoo
    Participant

Still working flawlessly on the PB5; However, i would prefer if there is a option for monocolor black-white menu icon option other than the default blue-black icon

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

MightyBoo:  Here is a link to some new icons and a fix for the help page text size that we are considering for 1.0.6.  You can drop them in by:

1. Download the icons from the link above
    2. Quit DPS from task bar menu
    3. Find the DPS app in Applications/Digital Power Station
    4. Right-Click on the Digital Power Station application.
    5. Choose “Show Package Contents”
    6. Navigate to Contents/Resources
    7. Replace the icons with the new ones.
    8. If you want to replace the css file put it into Contents/Resources/help

Let us know what you think.

MightyBoo
    Participant

– I’ve downloaded as zip via dropbox, replaced with the respective files, and

– the mono coloured menu icon on my menu bar (referring both icons — DPS off & on) now

– looks …. like big black dot on my 15 inch MBP (little exaggeration here, to get my point out) .

– Appreciate if it can be a simplistic design… somehow.?

– Maybe inverting the mono colours now instead, so it doesn’t have too much black dot on my screen.

– IMHO, presently the coloured one looks way better than the mono coloured design.

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

We’ve been able to clean it up a bit for the 1.0.6 release.  However,  it’s really tricky when the resolution is only 16×16 and your company logo is round! It looks great on Retina displays at 32×32.

I’ll cook up a few simplistic designs for the lower resolutions.  I completely understand the desire to have a nice clean task bar.  I’ll make all of the designs available for folks to drop into the package so everyone has options for customization.

konkrypton
    Participant

On Mavericks, the full-screen video in iTunes has a click/pop that sounds like the previous full-screen video glitch is trying to start, then it self-corrects. Has anyone else heard this?

xaqmusic
    Keymaster

Yes.  This is a known issue with DPS in Mavericks.  We spent a LOT of time chasing this issue without success.  However, the issue does not exist with Yosemite and CoreAudio seems to be much more stable in OSX 10.10.  We recommend upgrading to OSX 10.10 and DPS 1.0.6 when they are available for the best possible sound experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.