Bongiovi DPS

Advice new user

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    k8th
    Participant

Hello!

I just switched from SRS Audio Sandbox and if i may ask i’d like if someone knowing both programs would explain me similarities/differences.

Also which profiles do you recommend for my system: Win7 x64 and gigaworks T40-II for different music/movies styles.

That’s for now and thanks for reading. 🙂

Dan Rice
    Keymaster

Honestly, I’m not that familiar with the SRS Audio product. Taking a look at it though, it looks like SRS Audio Sandbox doesn’t have specific speaker profiles, but instead allows the user to setup a speaker profile based on certain parameters. DPS has custom profiles, created by our audiophile/developers that are specific to a large number of speaker systems available on the market, plus a number of more generic speaker profiles (called Cities profiles) that match up with a variety of headphones or speaker setups.

While we do not have a specific profile for your Creative Gigaworks T40-II speakers, you may try some of our Cities profiles to see which best matches your speakers and listening preferences. I personally like the Annapolis or Paris speakers profiles for my desktop speakers (I use a pair of Logitech USB speakers with no subwoofer.)

We appreciate your question and hope you enjoy our product! Happy listening!

Dan Rice
    DPS Support

edit: I have added the Gigaworks T40-II to our list of profile requests.

k8th
    Participant

Hello Dan,

Following your recommendation I’m cycling the speakers profiles (default Cities and the ones with the Advanced Profile Browser), the pair you mentioned sound really good aswell as Munny Speakers profile.

It is also useful that every speaker profile has a little description of what it enhances, I’m still used to have profiles for different type of music like: classical, club, blues, country, etc… so it will take a bit of time till i got it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and adding a request for the T40, I appreciate that!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.