Bongiovi DPS

Abrupt Song Cut-Off

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jrt1907

First of all, I want to say that I absolutely love this app, and that it has changed my entire music listening experience. I’m excited that you guys are planning a major overhaul and are taking suggestions (I’ll post there in a little bit). I have had the iOS app from almost the beginning, but since the last update in March, I have been experiencing an audio problem. Basically, songs that play music all the way to the very last second of the song will cut off abruptly, beginning the next song before the last one has finished playing. For many songs, that is not a problems, since the last 2-3 seconds have silence or have a fade out, so in those instances there is nothing to notice.

But for the songs where that abrupt cut-off is noticeable, it can be very jarring and at this point annoying. I have also noticed that the cut off point isn’t always consistent. It can cut of between 1 and 3 seconds of any given song. I have un-installed and re-installed the app, but the problem does not go away. Is there anything else I can do, or is there some setting that I’m unaware of? Has anyone else in the forums noticed this, or is it a glitch solely on my device? Thank you so much for your help and thank you for making such an amazing app!

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

Very sorry for the cut offs. We are aware of this issue. Gap-less audio broke when Apple changed the way their API player (which we use) handles gap-less audio. We are hoping to have some kind of fix in the next update for the app.

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so lucky to have such a strong core base of users for all our DPS products. We would love your feedback for our DPS 2.0 development project! It will help not only the iOS product but the PC and Mac DPS products as well. Look forward to your involvement. Thanks again!

wjmeyer

Hi,

I have the latest version of this app and the player just stops playing. I’ve closed the app, reopened it and it plays for a bit more and stops again. I love this app but this is VERY frustrating.

When is the next update coming out and will this bug be addressed in it?

Thanks.

Joseph Beaty
    Keymaster

wjmeyer,

Is there one or a few files that this is happening with that you might be able to send to me? If so, let me know and we can get a personal dialog going so I can get a few of these files and see if I can recreate this issue. We have seen this with a few users in the past. Nothing widespread. I will await your reply.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.