Bongiovi DPS

Reply To: DPS 2.0 Testing (OSX)

Forums Bongiovi DPS 2.2 DPS 2.0 Testing (OSX) Reply To: DPS 2.0 Testing (OSX)

Dan Rice
Keymaster

Thomas,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Tidal music player app. I’ve heard a lot of great things about this music streaming service.

I tested Tidal’s beta music player app (version 1.3.0.793) and DPS Plugin for Mac (version 2.0.0.18) on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite (version 10.10.5). I did experience some bugs, which is to be expected with a beta project, but I did not experience the issues you are describing:

1. Output DPSReflector was not replaced with Instant on sound effects plug-in.
  2. DPSReflector still shows up in System Preferences > Audio > Output.
  3. Tidal did not interfere with the audio signal, I did not experience any volume problems or Echo/reverb effects.

Please contact me directly at drice@bmtdps.com , I’d like to do some more specific testing if possible to make sure we get everything working properly for you.

It should be noted though that Tidal does offer is service as a Web Player which, when accessed via Chrome, does stream HiFi lossless audio.

Thank you again for your feedback, we really appreciate your participation in the DPS Insider forums!