I have a build for everyone to test (if you want to) that includes the latest changes we’ve made to support Mavericks. As you all know, the issues are not easily repeatable on many systems so progress has been slow. Here are the instructions:
- Uninstall the current version of DPS using Applications/Digital Power Station/Uninstaller.
- Reboot. This will ensure the old driver is no longer running.
- Download and Install the 24bit test version: Click Here to Download v1.0.4_24bit
- Reboot as per the installation instructions.
- Launch Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Settings.
- Open the Audio Devices window from the Window menu.
- Set all of the audio devices in the list to 24bit integer. Be sure to click Input and Output tabs to be sure all routes are set to 24bit.
- Some Macs have stuttering audio with DPS while playing full screen video in iTunes. While the video is playing, set the audio drivers to 24bit in Audio MIDI Settings. This resets the drivers and can help eliminate choppy audio when you restore the video to full screen.
- A new version of VLC media player has been released which has better performance with audio enhancers. See this forum post.