Bongiovi DPS

Reply To: DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

Forums Bongiovi DPS 2.2 DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows) Reply To: DPS 2.0 Testing (Windows)

jimboden

Hi Joey:

Point 1 is correct.

Point 2 is correct.

Re: movie and music modes – OK, now I understand.

Re: background colour – not currently available.

Re: volume settings – I reinstalled DPS 1.2.3 and compared its behaviour with 2.0. It turns out both versions work fine and there are no problems with having them both installed and activated at the same time. I’m going to simplify my original point.

Test case 1: SB card volume set to 40. Start DPS 1.2.3 in headphone mode. Result: SB volume still at 40. Exit DPS 1.2.3. Result: SB volume still at 40. This is normal behaviour.

Test case 2: SB card volume set to 40. Start DPS 2.0 in headphone mode. Result: SB volume still at 40. Exit DPS 2.0 Result: SB volume is at 100. This is abnormal behaviour when compared with DPS 1.2.3, which leaves the volume at 40.

Test case 3: SB card volume set to 40. Start DPS 1.2.3 in speaker mode. Result: SB volume is at 100. Exit DPS 1.2.3 Result: SB volume still at 100. This is normal behaviour.

Test case 4: SB card volume set to 40. Start DPS 2.0 in speaker mode. Result: SB volume is at 100. Exit DPS 2.0 Result: SB volume still at 100. This is normal behaviour.

From the above, my issue is with test case 2 and the other test cases are fine. I think I understand why 2.0 is doing it based on your comments about using a keyboard, which I assume means a keyboard volume control, if it has one. In my example of using a volume of 40 and DPS 1.2.3 leaving it at 40 when it exits, means that the keyboard’s volume control won’t be able to adjust the volume past 40, so I can understand the logic. As with anything like this, it’s not really a big deal as I always check the SB volume control anyway after stopping and restarting DPS. Neither version of DPS works after switching between speakers and headphones without a restart and they don’t work when the system comes out of hibernation or sleep mode. Joseph Beatty explained in another thread a while back why he thought this was happening and his explanation made sense.

All-in-all, DPS 2.0 seems pretty solid. As new items are introduced, it can only get better. I really like the stereo control, but it only works with speakers, not headphones as I mentioned earlier.